We are looking for a Financial Controller to build and lead fully automated accounting and finance operations across Europe and the US. Uniquely, the role will use our tech and financial resources to build a bookkeeper-less system that we can use commercially. Contractbook is a Series B company, scaling quickly and looking for leaders that can work in flat, fast-moving environs and quickly provide financial leadership.
What is Contractbook?
Contractbook is a VC-backed Danish legal tech company, founded in 2016, with investments from Google’s AI-fund, Gradient Ventures and Tiger Capital. We are on a mission to help people achieve better contracts through data-driven contract automation. We offer a digital contract management platform where our users are able to manage the entire lifecycle of their contracts in one flow. Create contracts with updated templates, sign them with a digital signature and organise them safely in the cloud. The platform has 110.000+ users across 75 countries.
- Be the key deputy in Finance, working with the lead in building up the function
- Build lean, highly automated finance operations across the US and Europe by participating in growing and designing systems (through a combination of outsourcing and insourcing).
- Work with accounting firms to lead us through international audits and taxes.
- Design our strategy for advancing SaaS revenue recognition, implementing controls, and preparing us future endeavours.
- Work closely with banks and venture capital firms through the diligence process in order to build relationships and secure future funding for Contractbook.
- Draft financial statements for our two entities and our consolidation
We expect that you have 2-3 years of experience and have the ability to:
- Easily adapt to change and enjoy working in a startup environment, where you can take ownership of your own processes.
- Have 1-2 years working in accounting - with a strong desire to get more in-depth on tech specific issues(CPA is a must).
- Advise on international tax matters - US sales tax + VAT (knowledge in Danish tax law is a big plus).
- Be located in Copenhagen.
- Salary range: 300 - 420k DKK yearly with a possible yearly bonus of 60-120k DKK depending on performance. With strong company performance, comes a possibility for this range to grow quickly (the upside of a startup).
- A dynamic, vibrant and optimistic environment with many occasions to celebrate - a place where you can grow, learn, experience and have a great impact on the company's growth.
- Take ownership of your daily workflow and projects.
- Flexible working hours.
- Interact with your colleagues who are located in 20+ countries.
- We have an awesome new office in central Copenhagen.
- Bonuses based on performance (along with rapidly salary raises that track the business trajectory)