Contractbook, a legal tech company on a mission to help people achieve better contracts through data-driven contract automation, looking for a Quality Assurance Lead Engineer ready to join cross-functional teams, and:
- participate in design and testing of new features;
- help maintaining and developing existing test suites;
- lead and coordinate a group of QA Developers working in different cross-functional teams;
- define, own, maintain, and communicate the quality assurance processes and best practices;
- help assessing, reproducing, and solving problems reported by our clients;
- continuously verify requirements and improve the documentation;
- help with areas that require manual testing;
- contribute to automation efforts.
Core features of our work and culture
- Remote, async-friendly workflow embedded in the company since early beginning.
- Cross-functional teams' members have direct impact on what is being build.
- Rational approach to technological choices, considering modern practices.
- We ask "why" before "how".
- Data-influenced decisions.
- Preferred proximity to CET, to facilitate work-life balance and effective communication.
- Rapid research and development cycles.
- Expecting from each-other to perform like we would in a sports team.
- Friendly atmosphere.
- As flat organization structure as it's possible.
- Company meet-ups sometimes look like this one.
- Continuously simplifying our work processes.
- Headquarters in Copenhagen.
We are remote-first and value the benefits that come from flexible work hours. Our team is free to choose when and where they work, as long as effective communication with the rest of the team is maintained. Everyone is also welcome at our office in Copenhagen. We support each other and collaborate to perform like a sports team. That means we have a flat structure and trust everyone to self-organize their own work. We share our knowledge and value clear, straightforward communication across the entire organization, use cutting-edge technology to enhance our performance, test recent trends, and let people pick the tools they prefer to work with.
You can find out more about the company culture.
Qualities of a perfect candidate:
- Eager to learn and do research.
- Practical experience testing modern web (SPA, PWA) apps.
- Practical experience testing REST-ful APIs.
- Comfortable working with or learning Cypress, has practical experience with other testing environments.
- Understands modern approaches to code quality, various types of automated tests, CI/CD etc.
- Pragmatic, mature approach: applying adequate solutions to real problems.
- Result oriented.
- Manages own time.
- Attentive to details, but not a nitpicker.
- Feels comfortable working in a very collaborative team setup.
- Excited about taking leadership of the QA division.
- Speaks and writes fluent english.
Our development teams are meant to be harmonic groups of unselfish team players. There's no place for brilliant jerks, even if it means that we miss out on some talented people. Essential for us is fitting into our culture, showing openness, open-mindedness, ambition and motivation. In return, we facilitate an environment of learning, growth, networking, and opportunities boosting your career.
We are a stable business as well as a fast-pacing and rapidly growing startup, backed by Google’s AI-fund Gradient Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Tiger Global. Everyone at Contractbook can:
- learn from experts and become one,
- meet fantastic people in an international environment,
- attend conferences, meetups, and workshops,
- take courses and certifications,
- take ownership of projects,
- explore career paths,
- be part of a fast-pacing and well funded business,
- work from home.