The Client and the Photographer may be referred to individually as Party and collectively as Parties.
This Wedding Photography Contract (the “Contract”) is entered into and made valid upon signature by both Parties. The date of which is hereinafter referred to as the “Effective Date”.
1. Wedding Date & Description
Wedding Date: [Insert Date]
Start Time & Location: [Insert Start Time & Location]
Ceremony Time & Location: [Insert Ceremony Time & Location]
Reception Time & Location: [Insert Reception Time & Location]
End Time: [Insert End Time]
Additional Information and/or Services Requested: [Insert Additional Information and/or Services Requested].
2. Contact Information
Client Telephone Number & Email: [Insert Client Telephone Number & Email]
Wedding Day Additional Contact 1 Name: [Insert Name]
Wedding Day Additional Contact 1 Telephone Number: [Insert Client Telephone Number]
Wedding Day Additional Contact 2 Name: [Insert Name]
Wedding Day Additional Contact 2 Telephone Number: [Insert Client Telephone Number]
The Parties agree to the following payment and payment Terms:
Total fee for services: [Insert Amount].
Non-refundable deposit due upon execution of the Contract: [Insert Amount].
Balance due on day of wedding: [Insert Amount].
4. Additional Terms and Conditions
- The Client agrees to provide a meal for the Photographer if the Photographer’s attendance is required for greater than five (5) hours. The Photographer has the following food allergies/dietary restrictions: [Insert restrictions].
- The Client agrees to give/have someone give the Photographer sufficient warning of key events at the wedding to give the Photographer time to prepare (e.g., bouquet toss, cake cutting, speeches, etc.)
- The Photographer will endeavor to get photographs of as many guests as possible, which may be limited by guests’ cooperation in having their photo taken.
- The Client agrees that the Photographer shall be given precedence in taking photographs over guests with cell phone cameras and other devices. The Photographer cannot be held responsible for lack of photographs or poor quality of photographs if guests are interfering with the Photographer’s work.
- The Client acknowledges the Photographer may be limited in scope by rules of the location of the ceremony and/or reception. (e.g., flash photography may not be allowed within a church)
The Photographer shall maintain the copyright of all photographs. The Photographer grants the Client permission to make copies of the images for personal use by the Client and their family and friends. Sale, publication, or any other commercial use is specifically prohibited without the prior written consent of the Photographer.
The Client may cancel this Contract at any time prior to the event. Upon cancellation, the Client will be entitled to a refund of any monies paid, except for the non-refundable deposit.
The Photographer may cancel this Contract at any time. If the Photographer cancels, it must provide a suitable replacement for services of the Photographer, subject to the Client’s approval, which shall be obtained in writing. In the alternative, the Photographer shall refund all monies previously paid by the Client, including the non-refundable deposit.
7. Dispute Resolution and Legal Fees
In the event of a dispute arising out of this Contract that cannot be resolved by mutual agreement, the Parties agree to engage in mediation. If the matter cannot be resolved through mediation, and legal action ensues, the successful party will be entitled to its legal fees, including, but not limited to its attorneys’ fees.
In the event any provision of this Contract is deemed invalid or unenforceable, in whole or in part, that part shall be severed from the remainder of the Contract and all other provisions should continue in full force and effect as valid and enforceable.
9. Legal and Binding Agreement
This Contract is legal and binding between the Parties as stated above. This Contract may be entered into and is legal and binding both in the United States and throughout Europe. The Parties each represent that they have the authority to enter into this Contract.
10. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The Parties agree that this Contract shall be governed by the State and/or Country in which both Parties reside/do business. In the event that the Parties do business in different States and/or Countries, this Contract shall be governed by [Insert name of State or country] law. Each Party irrevocably submits for all purposes in connection with this Contract to the exclusive jurisdiction of the [courts/venue] of [insert court/venue].
11. Entire Agreement
The Parties acknowledge and agree that this Contract represents the entire agreement between the Parties. In the event that the Parties desire to change, add, or otherwise modify any terms, they shall do so in writing to be signed by both Parties.